Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Provide administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Perform all other duties as required.
- This is a Part Time position. Mon., Tues. (9-5PM), Wed. (9-1PM).
- Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services
- Receive and forward incoming phone calls, greet walk-in clients and visitors.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
- Make travel arrangements for others and prepare expense reports..
- Manage and maintain management or office schedules.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Read incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- 1-5 years of administrative experience.
- Previous experience in an engineering environment is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Shaw Group - 12 months ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...