The Administrative Assistant, Education provides high-level administrative support to the Senior Director, Education Services and Coordinator, Education Services by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Support for Senior Director, Education Services:
Support to Coordinator, Education Services:
- Monitor public school partner responsibilities as directed by the Senior Director, Education Services, including the annual updates of applicable data, contact information, receipt of requested information from the partners and Academy staff, and organization of information in appropriate format.
- Process expense reports, invoices, and check requests for appropriate approvals by Senior Director, Education Services and Coordinator, Education Services.
- Typing, filing, sorting, copying, and distributing all correspondence as needed.
- Coordinate Committee meetings – includes preparation of meeting materials, reserving meeting space, sending invitations, and recording minutes within a timely manner.
- Coordinate all travel and account for all travel receipts upon trip completion.
- Coordinate the Annual Best Practices Conference.
- Maintain and reconcile miscellaneous invoices, as well as process check requests.
- Support Senior Director, Education Services, and Coordinator, Education Services with budget formulation and revision as needed.
- Research the best price for airfares, hotel accommodations, and mode of transportation, staying within budget as per policy.
- Assist with various program operations as requested as responsibilities permit.
- Maintain appropriate follow-up systems for submission and receipt of Academy local agreements, leases, certificates of insurance, billing transactions, and other accounting and budgetary items in accordance with renewal timelines and reporting deadlines.
- Track Scholarship recipients and assist with completion of necessary reports as requested.
- Assist as back up for Administrative Assistant to President, Chief Executive Officer, by processing payroll, answering telephone calls, opening and distribution of daily mail, as well as assisting with travel.
- Filing, copying, and distributing of all correspondence as needed for Education Services.
- Assist Finance and Administration by entering and maintaining SYF vendors on Raisers Edge.
- Ensure all contact information is up-to-date in Raisers edge.
- Complete all filing, copying, and distributing of all correspondence as needed for Education Services.
- Receptionist duties as needed, such as greeting visitors, referring them to the appropriate staff member, answering the phone, and routing calls and messages.
- Maintain storage area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with other administrative assistants as required to perform select job functions.
- High School diploma required, College degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 + years administrative support experience.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Word are required.
- Projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- High-level attention to detail, excellent communication and grammar skills.
- Organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand financial and other reports and extract information.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with particular regard to payroll, donor and student information.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Experience creating and maintaining an Access database system preferred, but not required.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization desirable.
- Experience with grant reporting preferred.
- Experience with Raiser Edge/Financial Edge software preferred.
Simon Property Group - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with a...