Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Marketing Department and helping to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Marketing Department at Epic Records by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between two VP’s and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, internal departments, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with the artists, management, creative departments, as well as executives within the company.
- Schedule meetings, arrange travel, and answer phones for while also providing administrative support (as needed) in the marketing department.
- Maintain mailing and e-mail lists, databases, files and other assets for the department.
- Order and maintain music product, office supplies and tickets for the department.
- Update project information and sales information on behalf of our artists for weekly status reports.
- Help coordinate and manage budgets, promotional trips, travel, work orders and more for artists.
- Coordinate Marketing plans for artists.
- Help to create print, television, radio, online and outdoor advertising, album package layouts, point of sale materials and CD/DVD copies with Creative Department.
- Attend meetings as departmental representative as needed.
- Screen and interview intern candidates.
- Coordinate intern schedule and act as department point person for Human Resources.
- Provide interns with projects that help them learn the workings of the department and the music business in general.
- Use PRS system to process department invoices.
- Forward new vendor requests to Finance.
- Provide creative input and ideas on projects.
- Provide back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of prior administrative experience in the field of marketing or a related field.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet. Will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including Mediabase, BDS, and RPS.
- A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
- The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be extremely organized.
- Must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships with co-workers, artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
- Use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
- Must be available to work overtime and to travel/attend evening showcases as required.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a current roster that includes a broad array of both local artists and...