Do you have experience performing advanced administrative assignments of a confidential nature? Are you technical strong with Microsoft Outlook (Email and Calendar), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? If so we would like to consider you for this role that supports the department and its efforts to ensure compliance with all regulatory and Company Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and programs. This is a mid level position that relies on moderate to limited instruction from the EH&S Director and Professionals to perform designated job functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Manage EHS management information systems and similar data bases.
- Administer recycling reporting in various countries and states within the US.
- Track incidents and accidents on a global basis.
- Communicate corporate EHS information to all the plants, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to the EH&S department. This includes but is not limited to, filing, invoicing, expense reporting, travel arrangements, research, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, proofreading and phone etiquette.
- Experience with a variety of computer application to include proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (Email and Calendar), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Must be a highly motivated self starter.
- Ability to work with all types of people and situations.
- Must be task and detailed oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree in a related field of study is preferred.
- 2 - 4 years prior experience as an administrative assistant required. Prior experience in an EH&S environment preferred.