The Administrative Assistant will file, answer phones, schedule appointments, and make travel arrangements. This candidate will provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities that consist of but not limited to budgeting and personnel records. The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation material.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Fulfill administrative assistance requirements for the Directorate of Human Resources-Manpower Division and Services & Support Branch.
- Maintain calendar for the Director, Deputy Director and Branch Chiefs, as needed.
- Prepare Power Point presentations and maintain Excel Spreadsheets.
- Process leave requests and maintain the daily personnel status report.
- Greet, assist, escort personnel that visit DHR-Manpower Division for meetings.
- Review, proofread, correct, and process all correspondence, as directed.
- Prepare memos/notes for the Director, Deputy Director and Branch Chiefs during meetings.
- Provide Defense Travel Service (DTS) support to set up reservations for hotels, flights, and rental cars.
- Assist with all briefing preparations, as required.
- Schedule all TDY travel, to include hotel reservations, rental cars, and airline tickets and ensure DTS is closed out upon completion of the trip.
- Provide all data requirements as requested and attend monthly meeting as needed.
- Track all awards, OER’s and NCOER’s to ensure suspense dates are met and all awards are received in a timely manner.
- Provide daily Manning Strength Reports, as required.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- 3 years verifiable administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Microsoft Office Certification Preferred.
- Proven experience producing correspondence and documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Type 60 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.