JOB SUMMARY-Administrative Assistant
Under minimal supervision, supports a particular function by performing a wide range of administrative support activities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides complex administrative expertise that are particular to position or department that are routine and non-routine in nature.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains procedures and systems for processing work, cyclical tasks and projects, communicating schedules, keeping records, board meetings, special council meetings, agendas, etc.
- Assists in producing departmental budget and related planning documents.
- Coordinates travel, workshops and meetings, and reviews meeting expenses for payment.
- Performs orders, maintains office supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Composes correspondence, establishes formats, and edits work for content.
- Performs file searches as requested, or in conjunction with other assigned duties, and maintains appropriate controls over materials taken out of the filing system.
- Identifies process improvements where necessary and assists in planning and implementing new procedures and programs.
- Develops or participates in preparation and completion of special projects, particularly presentations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Performs general reception duties on occasion by receiving incoming calls and visitors to the department or area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some college course work preferred.
Minimum 4 years experience.
- Experience with SAP order entry is preferred.
- Experience with Plateau Learning Systems preferred.
- MS Office Suite knowledge.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires good knowledge of math principles, English, and spelling.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and behaviors conducive to a service/team-oriented environment (e.g., diplomacy, tact, flexibility, positive approach).
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines, prioritizes, and handles several projects simultaneously.
- Planning skills to be self-directing and to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving capability with creativity in providing solutions to new issues to exploring alternatives.
- Knowledge and ability to organize meetings, travel schedules, and other arrangements.
- Skilled in taking and transcribing dictation involving technical and complex vocabulary.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that includes constant interruptions.
- Ability to handle high volume, potentially confidential and complex administrative work.
- Good working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
- Ability to handle repetitive motion work such as keyboard, sorting, and filing.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado we operate in 120 countries with more than 2,600 associates around the world.
Our company has been voted and recognized as a:
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Top five world-class training organization by Training and Development Magazine (2011 & 2012)
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values and respects your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth
If you are the best at what you do, we invite you to work with us now!
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
Terumo BCT, Inc. - 9 months ago