About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
This position is responsible for performing administrative, clerical, or technical work in the planning and execution of activities as assigned. It is imperative that the incumbent understand the highly confidential and sensitive nature of assigned work. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for use of college policies and procedures.
Essential Functions :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Develop administrative procedures, standards, and methods; prepare or assist in preparing manuals and publications for assigned department(s)
- Plan and prepare the preparation of documents and reports, which may include meeting minutes. This will include compliance and reporting functions within assigned areas.
- Coordinate the planning, preparation, and production of materials for departmental meetings. May attend off-site meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budget and/or annual operating plan. Budget aspects may include preparation of purchase requisitions, travel vouchers, etc.
- Advise leadership on administrative matters within the department. Evaluate work methods and make suggestions to improve procedures and efficiency.
- Maintain accounting, administrative, and human resource related records
- May assist in orientation and training of personnel
- Act as a catalyst for the staff in developing improved work methods and procedures.
- Types routine correspondence, reports, forms and other materials, as required using standard and electronic or computer-based equipment.
- Prepares special reports requiring acceptable grammatical usage and application of basic computation skills; reorganizing initial reports when necessary and distributing material along organizational lines.
- Performs receptionist duties which include answering the telephone, placing local and long distance calls, taking and transmitting messages, routing mail and answering questions related to the department.
- Prepares material for distribution which includes reproducing and collating.
- Prepares travel requests, travel vouchers, and makes travel arrangements, which include transportation and accommodations.
- Maintains inventory of forms and office supplies as needed.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled appointments, and assist in planning meetings.
- Manage student records.
- Purchasing requisitions
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Annual Salary :
- Associate's degree in appropriate field from an accredited college or university and five years of relevant work experience in the area of assignment that shows progressive responsibility to professional levels comparable to the execution of duties and responsibilities.
- Degree requirement may be waived if professional, relevant work experience is extensive in nature to warrant degree substitution.
- Highly proficient computer skills including use of personal equipment and software such as Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex administrative matters resourcefully; compose effective correspondence; keep complex records; prepare accurate reports from statistical or other types of technical information; and to deal effectively with professionals, the public, and other employees in a pleasant and effective manner.
$26,000 - DOE
Texas State Technical College ( www.tstc.edu) consists of four technical colleges: TSTC Harlingen, TSTC Marshall, TSTC Waco and TSTC West...