Imagine what could be achieved if the best strategic and analytical minds focused their skills and energy on solving the most urgent questions facing public education in the United States. The District Management Council (DMC) is a small, fast-growing company that assists the superintendents and CEOs of school districts and their leadership teams to dramatically improve public education for all students.
School systems are complex organizations, with some managing billions of dollars in their annual budgets, tens of thousands of staff, and hundreds of thousands of students. Making sustained, system-wide improvement requires robust strategy, disciplined execution and courageous leadership. The District Management Council (DMC) provides school systems with superior strategic insights and tactical solutions to the most pressing challenges facing school system leaders today.
In addition to direct consulting, we research and publish on best practices and develop technology solutions to help district leaders implement and sustain reform. Through our consulting, research and technology solutions, we are recognized as thought leaders in national conversations on education reform including the areas of strategic planning and resource allocation, human capital including pay for performance, special education and struggling students, and in stakeholder engagement.
Description of Position
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing team in our Boston office. The Administrative Assistant position offers an opportunity to play a critical role fulfilling our firm’s mission to improve public education.
This role will be focused on supporting our team as they facilitate a variety of client engagements and projects. The Administrative Assistant role will work directly with respected leaders in public education as well as our growing and dynamic teams. Administrative Assistants have a wide, evolving range of responsibilities, with opportunities for rapid advancement based on demonstrated success. Typical responsibilities will include :
- Corresponding with multiple vendors, clients, team members, and colleagues. This will include all steps of coordinating meetings and conference calls, arranging travel and meeting logistics, and calendar/schedule maintenance.
- Proactively supporting the many ongoing projects and initiatives of the consultants, from corresponding with key district leaders about prospective work in districts to supporting ongoing projects while always representing DMC consistently, accurately, and positively
- Maintaining and contributing to office organization and general daily office tasks.
- Assisting in certain roles and responsibilities associated with our firm-wide events and annual conferences, from organizing a casual gathering with team members to helping with event logistics of our annual conferences.
- Collaborating with each team member both individually and as a team to reach goals and achieve initiatives.
- Representing DMC at various events and via written and spoken correspondence.
- Using software to maintain our growing database of members, client work, Technology Solutions products, and sales leads
- Other responsibilities as needed and requested pertaining to managing and supporting our managing directors and the different teams of the firm.
Qualifications & Experience
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to support our growing company. The ideal candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities and will represent the company and its values well both internally and externally.
Critical qualities and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of previous relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for DMC’s mission and work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to “getting things right the first time” and follow-through on tasks and responsibilities
- Highly organized with attention to detail and focus on excellence
- Ability to handle and protect sensitive information
- Ability and willingness to navigate complex scheduling and calendar needs
- Ability to consult effectively with teams to identify and articulate key needs
Other important skills and qualities:
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility with work schedule as events and initiatives may require it
- Flexibility to handle a varying array of tasks and responsibilities with confidence
- Demonstrated success in managing a managing director or executive with many competing demands and priorities
- Experience with and/or strong interest in education reform
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Please note that candidates will be required to participate in a computer skills and behavioral assessment evaluation as part of the application process.
All applications must be received via our website: www.dmcouncil.org/careers and must include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
For more information, please visit our website: www.dmcouncil.org
The District Management Council - 2 years ago