The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, facilities and logistical support for a range of services as well as supporting general office communication efforts. The Administrative Assistant will also provide Events support including event hospitality and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative Duties
- Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases
- Organize and sort paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Photocopy and print various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
- Answer phones and direct accordingly
- Order and maintain office stationery and equipment
- Communicate with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation
- Liaison with staff in other departments and with external contacts
- Monitor product inventory and process new product orders accordingly
- Process the shipment of products and other office supplies
- Communicate with janitorial and maintenance services for building upkeep & repair
EVENT SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare & order necessary event supplies
- Calculate and distribute event evaluation results
- Collect and compile individual attendee information/profiles
- Create and distribute certificates to participants
- Support all event communication activities
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in updating, maintaining and organizing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist in managing internal processes.
- Assist Controller in collecting internal documents
- Monitor accuracy and completeness of internal documentation
- Assist in tracking and processing product and event orders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Maintain and uphold the reputation of the organization.
- Be present before and during a majority of company events.
- Complete time-sensitive projects on deadline with minimal supervision.
- Participate in and support the principles of open-book management and recognize the responsibilities of being a part of a high-accountability culture.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Anticipate the needs of others.
- Perform tasks and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Make decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
MINIMUM SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication skills; must be capable of effective communication on all levels including technical and professional written communication.
- Knowledgeable in projects involving accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to develop and revise department/product documentation.
- Ability to use online tools such as Survey Monkey to implement online surveys.
- Skill leading projects to completion with limited supervision.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- High school diploma.
- Previous work in an office environment preferred but not required.
- Previous work in the hospitality industry preferred but not required.
- Training or strong background in basic computer programs preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
$10/hour, plus 401k and ESOP
ABOUT THE GREAT GAME OF BUSINESS
The Great Game of Business is a division of SRC Holdings in Springfield, MO. SRC is an employee-owned company that is world-renowned for their practice of Open-Book Management. The Great Game of Business, Inc is a training organization that offers training to companies from around the world. Every year, hundreds of companies from around the world travel to Springfield to attend our training events and experience our unique culture.
The Great Game of Business is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a drug screening and criminal background check.