General Position Summary:
We are currently seeking individuals with 3+ years of strong, detailed, self-sufficient administrative assistant experience. You will be working on a team that coordinates the development of consumer products primarily for the music instrument accessories retail market. You will be working on multiple simultaneous projects with both internal and external customers as well as strategic and prospective suppliers in China. We will draw on your administrative and project management skills working with product engineers, graphic designers and others when appropriate to develop and source products.
- Gather, create, organize and communicate detailed product information and annotated photos to suppliers and customers primarily via email and intranet.
- Communicate and coordinate with multiple internal and external project stakeholders to bring new products to market timely.
- Assist with sourcing product from multiple existing and prospective suppliers in China via email and internet search.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as updating worksheets, workflow lists, etc. as part of our product development process.
- Evaluate supplier’s communications, drawings and product samples to ensure they are consistent with the requested specifications and meet project goals, including quality, cost and appearance.
- Become increasingly self-sufficient solving issues that arise based on previously provided assistance from management and supportive team members.
- Strong Administrative skills are required, including:
o Excellent typing skills combined with strong experience utilizing MS Office – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
o Strong business writing skills that effectively work through project details and provide clarity
o An ability to organize and retrieve information electronically.
o Self-sufficiently prioritizing and proactively completing multiple tasks
- Strong Project Management skills are required, including:
o Complete and coordinate the completion of various project tasks.
o Ensure project milestones are completed timely.
o Anticipate reoccurring issues, proactively addressing them to prevent delays and issues.
o Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Effectively understand directives and develop the tasks necessary to meet the objective
- Process oriented, being systematic, comprehensive
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial work style
- At least 3 years’ experience in a challenging administrative role
- Previously responsible for the successful completion of multiple projects.
- Computer proficiency with strong knowledge and aptitude for MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word is required and ideally with Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience sourcing in China highly desired, but not necessary.
For over 34 years, The Music People, Inc, has been a highly respected national business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro-audio equipment to music retailers and sound contractors across the country.
The Music People, Inc. is a medium sized, privately and family owned company that currently has 50+ employees and is growing. We are also the proud recipient of the 2011 Fox CT Top Work Places award.
We will rely on your dependability, productivity and positive attitude to keep our company growing, and you’ll be rewarded with progressive compensation, 401(k), multiple health care options, and periodic bonuses. Please reply with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.