Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Operations & Maintenance
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: This is a journey level position with 3+ years of related work experience (business education may substitute year for year). Works under general supervision. Performs advanced duties. Has a thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures. Typing (if required) 40 wpm.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite 2010 especially Word, Powerpoint and Excel database and workbook functionality and reporting.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the Procurement and Requisition process.
- Familiar with Human Resource Policies.
- Additionally, experience may include: ensuring deadlines are met by keeping staff informed of pending commitments, scheduling meetings and the subsequent necessary arrangements, maintaining organization of office area, providing support with office equipment.
- Administrative Assistant must be a motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills, ability to work with little or no direction at times, high attention to detail, outstanding verbal and written skills, and a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Prior computer experience, specifically a computer maintenance management system; such as SAP, is a plus.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access databases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other URS, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
URS is seeking an Administrative Assistant at our site located in Coshocton, Ohio!
Position reports directly to URS Site Manager to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization while interfacing with Maintenance Personnel. Directly responsible for Vendor Procurement & Requisition Processing.
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Compiles statistical data for the preparation of reports, schedules and checklists.
- Knowledge of Procurement & Requisition Chain of Command.
- Monthly Accounts Payable Budget Reports.
- Liaison between vendor, management and personnel.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning documents & emailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Demonstrates positive and a can-do attitude, confidence, endurance and ability to constructively handle conflicts.
- Participates in corporate and local site training in a variety of areas; including safety.
- Flexibility in shifting task schedules and prioritizing work load.
- Performs administrative tasks in support of the Client’s Human Resource Department, including but not limited to Attendance, FMLA, Site Training and confidentiality of employee records.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...