Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• High school diploma or equivalent and advanced secretarial training.
• 5+ years of prior related experience.
• Ability to perform advanced secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties for executive management.
• Requires working knowledge of commonly used PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Possesses the ability to learn office practices and procedures.
• 5 years experience with URS company preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and Visio preferred.
• Able to multi-task and act on own initiative to perform diverse and advanced projects preferred.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking an Administrative Assistant to be based in our Houston, TX location.
Level Specific Responsibilities:
• Performs secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties for Executive-level management.
• Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies, and programs.
• Facilitates decision-making.
• Assembles and analyzes information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda.
• Answers mail and inquiries on own initiative, follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out.
• Coordinates activities across departments.
• Arranges and makes notifications of appointments and travel reservations/arrangements.
• Answers telephone calls, tactfully handles inquiries and/or transfers calls to appropriate party.
• Checks and processes expense reports.
• May take dictation and transcribe notes for letters, memos, or reports.
• Prepares materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combine materials from several sources.
• Plans layout of complex reports and statistical tables.
• Interfaces with other Secretaries/Administrative Assistants to share or coordinate workload.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 10 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...