The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, secretarial and related support duties for USO El Paso.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls. Review and respond to email, resolve routine questions and problems, greet visitors.
- Maintain and organize contact lists, records and reports including but not limited to building/facilities, technology and/or human resources and payroll reports.
- Monitor and arrange staff participation in meetings, conference calls, local and international events and other activities. Prepare and process travel arrangements.
- Draft and prepare correspondence. Coordinate and prepare materials for meetings and events.
- Complete financial transactions as directed. Track budgeted and non-budgeted revenue and/or expenses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree and/or IAAP certification preferred.
- Up to 3 years work experience in an administrative support/clerical role. Relevant experience in a military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications.
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential information and communicate using multiple channels with tact and poise.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of various software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to support active duty military and their families.
- This is a part-time position based on 29 hours per week located in El Paso, Texas. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation Assistance is not provided for this position.
- Resume is required for full consideration.