CORE VALUES: |
• Integrity – Truth, fairness and openness are important hallmarks of our organization.
• Compassion – Helping those who are struggling is the primary reason we exist.
• Innovation – Smart ideas and creative thinking are always welcome.
• Responsiveness – The timing of the help we give is just as important as the help itself.
• Respect – We embrace the humanity and uniqueness of each other and those we serve.
Works under the general supervision of the Vice President, Community Investment as an administrative assistant to perform all administrative duties, exercise initiative and good judgment in a combined capacity for Heart of Florida United Way’s Community Investment department.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
• Provide clerical support to the Heart of Florida United Way’s Community Investment department.
• Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the Vice President, Community Investment’s schedule.
• Schedule, prepare for and coordinate information for all department meetings as assigned, to include agenda, minutes, rosters, correspondence, and attendance records.
• Responsible for developing, organizing and maintaining office files.
• Provide statistical reports, word processing, duplication and distribution of memorandums, reports correspondence, brochures and training materials as necessary.
• Coordinate all internal office meetings and external meetings as needed including conference room scheduling, AV set up/break down and refreshments.
• Assist in identifying opportunities, ideas and concerns effecting overall administration of organization and make recommendations to address same.
• Update and maintain files in departmental drives on the server including ANDAR.
• Receive and distribute departmental mail.
• Maintain inventory ordering supplies as necessary.
• Process purchase orders and other appropriate financial record keeping and support for all areas of the department.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining all personnel information such as birthdays, anniversaries, and contact information.
• Coordinate office projects and maintain timelines of key project due dates.
• Responsible for providing back-up support to the front reception desk routing calls efficiently and in accordance to set policies and procedures.
• Assist with Investing in Results efforts including volunteer and agency related activities (i.e., trainings, meeting preparation and follow up, scheduling site visits, question and answer sessions, workshops, technical assistance, etc.).
• Assist with coordinating Council and Cabinet meetings (i.e., drafting meeting notices, agendas, drafting of materials and tracking RSVPs).
• Assist with updating program performance metrics for Investing in Results programs in databases to include Results Scorecard and ANDAR.
• Preparing monthly statistical reports on volunteer hours for submission to the Volunteer Resource Center.
• Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to serving as lead or support staff on team committees, special projects and special events.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum three years of administrative experience with strong attention to detail.
• Work requires good reading, writing and proofreading skills. Must be able to edit, complete and assemble reports.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and relational databases required. Ability to type a minimum 55 WPM; must be able to use common office equipment such as copier and fax.
• Prior knowledge of health/human service policies, practices, and/or operations to perform administrative functions.
• Prior non-profit experience preferred.
• Must be able to prioritize heavy workload in fast paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
United Way - 10 months ago