The School of Medicine
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSF provides expert treatment for all aspects of musculoskeletal injuries including inpatient and outpatient surgical care, rehabilitation, and orthotics and prosthetics. The Department is internationally recognized for its work in patient care, education, and research. Our basic and translational research programs focus on cartilage and disc regeneration, fracture healing, molecular and stem cell biology, bioengineering, and musculoskeletal development.
The function of the academic office of the Orthopaedic Surgery Service at UCSF is to support and coordinate the teaching and patient care functions of the department and to provide supportive services for the research activities and professional commitments of the orthopaedic faculty. S/he will be responsible for word Processing technical manuscripts, abstracts, protocols, consent forms, reports and applications. S/he will construct tables and mail merges as needed. In addition s/he will make travel and conference arrangements, including determining flight availability and booking, hotel, conference registration, and airport to hotel transfers.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• High school graduation and four years of related administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Demonstrated experience and a high skill level related to confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment
• Prior experience transcribing tapes
• Prior experience with standard accounting system and demonstrated basic math skills and consistent accuracy of detail (alpha and numeric)
• Proficient working with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) includes the ability to develop spreadsheets
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat;
• Demonstrated experience supporting multiple faculty members including calendaring and scheduling meetings, phone conferences and depositions
• Demonstrated experience making travel arrangements including air, conference, hotel, car reservations and processing expense reimbursements
• Experience with preparation of technical manuscripts, abstracts, protocols, consent forms, reports, applications and CV’s
• Excellent coordination and calendar scheduling skills
• Knowledge of scientific and medical terminology
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills (including copy-editing and proof-reading).
• Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of tasks with a high degree of accuracy (multi-tasking) and ability to set priorities when confronted with competing requests
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and last-minute requests efficiently and accurately;
• Demonstrated record of reliability and excellent attendance
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 20 pounds; pushing/pulling 20 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; differentiate color.
• College degree and four years of experience in academic administrative support and/or executive level support;
• Experience working in an academic environment;
• Knowledge of UC Accounting practices, purchasing and reimbursement
University of California San Francisco - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -