$17.00 – 21.00 per hour; salary based on qualifications and experience.
If other work location
34010400-DN-OFFICE OF RESEARCH
34010400-DN-OFFICE OF RESEARCH
This position provides administrative support for the UFCD Office of Research operations and is responsible for organizing and implementing specialized research programs of the College of Dentistry.
45% Research programs:
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the college-wide academic research programs; Acts as program liaison for Associate Dean for Research, faculty mentors and student researchers. Assists in recruiting students, establishing program calendars and facilitating special events (facilities, meetings, presentations and recreational activities).
- Recommends to the College administration policy and procedure for Office of Research programs and events. Assists in developing program protocol for specialized college- wide academic research programs. Provides recommendations to Associate Dean of Research and College Research Committee for enhancing or further development of UFCD research programs.
- Collaborates with other UF departments and colleges regarding interdisciplinary students and research programs. IE, Office of the Provost, UF Honors Program, COM Interdisciplinary Biomedical Program, and Research Administration in other colleges.
- Responsible for organization of annual Research Day. Including arrangements for guest speakers (internal and external), room scheduling, poster presentations, and coordination of the award process.
- Negotiates contracts with external vendors for catering, space rental, event set-up and travel accommodations.
- Arranges and processes student travel. Prepares and submits documentation for fellowship stipend and award payments.
- Facilitates all student and faculty research awards received from internal and external organizations; i.e., UF scholars program and other external research organizations.
- Provides administrative support for student research organizations.
- Coordinates speakers for the Dean’s Seminar Series: facilitates scheduling, travel and honorarium payments, CE credits and publicity.
20% Oversight of all office operations and general clerical duties:
- Primary point of contact and liaison for the Office of Research. Answering and directing telephone calls and email. Preparing and routing correspondence. Maintaining master calendar of events, scheduling appointments, establishing meetings, recording and distributing minutes.
- Provides secretarial assistance to the Associate Dean for Research ( ADR ) as needed. Maintains ADR’s calendar; anticipating programmatic needs and facilitating successful completion of tasks with and on behalf of the ADR .
10% Fiscal duties:
- Responsible for all fiscal transactions; purchases, payments and monthly reconciliations of Office of Research accounts and grants (P Card).
- Maintains inventory and equipment.
10% Data collection and reporting:
- Collects data and maintains database of student and faculty publications, special awards and presentations. Maintains faculty mentor database.
- Compiles and maintains list of UFCD presentations at national/international meetings.
- Facilitates and coordinates annual report for all College centers.
- Assist with maintenance of UFCD Grant database.
- Coordinates annual Conflict of Interest process.
10% Back-up for pre-award process:
- Assist faculty with electronic proposal preparation and gathering required documentation. Serve as back-up to assist faculty and staff with the development of contract and grant budgets and complex clinical trial compliance documentation.
- Input proposals into Peoplesoft and assist in routing proposals for workflow signatures.
5% Special projects as assigned.
A high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Bachelors or AA degree (Liberal Arts or Business) and University of Florida experience. Competitive candidates will have experience in College administration, data collection/management, customer service and experience with implementing specialized programs.
Experience with Peoplesoft financial, HR and grant modules.
Experience in a customer service environment.
Experience with data collection/management, reporting and applicable computer applications.
Ability to successfully implement specialized programs with minimal direction.
Ability to establish purchase orders, issue payments to vendors, and resolve fiscal issues within the UF system.
Ability to create reports that may include charts and statistics.
Ability to compose correspondence and reports.
Basic knowledge of UF financial reconciliation processes.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Must be able to multitask and excel in a diversity of multi-level job responsibilities.
Customer service-orientated and resourceful with excellent communication skills.
Can adhere to deadlines and work in an occasionally stressful environment.
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Takes initiative and can work independently or as part of a team.
Requires minimal supervision, dependable, motivated and a self-starter.
Excellent attendance record.
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for consideration.
Open Until Filled:
University of Florida UFL - 30+ days ago