Valor Healthcare is a fast-growing government contractor that develops and operates Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Our clinics are community- based outpatient primary care VA clinics which serve the local veteran population only.
A proud recipient of The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval, we serve more than 60,000 veterans and conduct more than 100,000 patient visits annually.
As an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in a VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic you will prepare and compile records in clinic. Support clinical staff in the administrative functions within the clinic. The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will be responsible for the following primary and secondary functions:
Primary Responsibilities :
Secondary Responsibilities :
- Check in or check-out patients, verifies demographics with each clinic visit. Records name of patient, address and name of attending physician or midlevel on routing sheet.
- Check in station will be manned at all times without exception.
- Will verify all clinical reminders have been completed before allowing each patient to be discharged from the clinic. In the event there are pending clinical reminders due, will escort the patient back to the appropriate nurse for completion.
- Answers telephones on a timely basis and takes messages for all employees.
- Distributes mail and messages to employees
- Scans all patient records into CPRS received from private practice when requested by providers.
- Requisitions to the clinic administrator of administrative supplies
- Schedules appointments, performs means tests, inputs means test data into computer and other secretarial tasks as assigned. Will obtain copy of patient’s private insurance cards.
- Will assist with enrollment of new veterans into the healthcare system.
- Will key patient information and data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Will maintain patient, employee and computer data confidentiality.
- Will maintain clinic in a safe and comfortable environment for patients, guests and employees.
- Will maintain a current certificate of Basic Life Support by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Inventories and orders medical/office supplies and materials.
- Responsible for Encounter Action Report "zero errors.
- Will keep administrative and all non-clinical areas clean at all times and will be responsible for cleaning and vacuuming all non-clinical areas on days that the commercial cleaning crew are not scheduled to clean the entire clinic.
- Monitor coffee service to insure availability to patients and guest.
- Responsible for insuring that contaminated material and trash are maintained in proper containers (red bags)
- Performs all duties assigned.
- Will report directly to the clinic administrator, chain of command.
- Will maintain a positive, helpful attitude with patients, guests and employees
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity or proficiency with various computer applications;
- Ability to maintain current certificate in Basic Life Support; and
- At least two (2) years experience in a small, fast-paced outpatient clinic.
Valor Healthcare - 14 months ago