Volcano Corporation is dedicated to developing breakthrough technologies that save people's lives and enhance their current quality of life! At Volcano you will find a pioneering and innovative spirit with a wide range of opportunities .
Without the exceptional professionals at Volcano Corporation , we simply could not fulfill our mission to improve the lives of patients worldwide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs advanced administrative support to the COO and other senior staff and management as needed
- Drafts and prepares correspondence, memos, and forms. Contacts Company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports
- Compiles and analyzes information and reports relevant to executive. Prepares routine and non-routine reports including gathering and summarizing data
- Prepares materials for presentation to the board, to investors and employees
- Schedules appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel. Helps manage email
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through the executive office. Follows up with other members of the senior staff and management team as needed to enable COO to focus on higher priority tasks
- Establishes and maintains highly confidential corporate files and records
- Compiles special mailings, coordinates mail, faxes and photocopying
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of budget expenditures across the organization
- Answers, screens and routes calls as appropriate
- As necessary, performs other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
SAMPLE PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Requires an associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and training
- Five (5) plus years' experience in executive level administrative support.
- Knowledge of computer applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Windows, etc.) required
- Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and of generally accepted office practices, procedures and equipment
- Working knowledge of office equipment (printers, copiers, faxes, multi-line phones, etc.) Extremely organized and can manage busy environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills:
- Word: Forms, Mail Merge, Index and Tables
- Excel: Forms and Formulas
- PowerPoint: Graphics & Animation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedules
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software and general office equipment including ten key, typewriter, copier, and fax
- Work is performed without direction; participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
- Prolonged sitting or standing required, up to 8+ hrs/day
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Volcano maintains expansive facilities housing engineering, laboratory, manufacturing, and production operations in Northern California, Costa Rica, and various locations worldwide. Volcano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Volcano Corporation, to base all employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Volcano Corporation - 24 months ago
Volcano creates its own sound and light show to get your heart's blood flowing. The company develops, manufactures, and sells medical...