Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Performs a full range of clerical and administrative duties to support the supervisor(s), requiring knowledge of office routine and procedures related to the work of the supervisor(s), and an understanding of the content of the supervisor's job and method of operation. Involves daily contact with supervisor's peers and subordinates.
Uses personal computer to type correspondence, reports, forms, and similar material. May use typewriter to prepare various materials.
Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
Receives and distributes incoming mail.
Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
Organizes and maintains files and various materials for reference purposes.
Searches the file for information for the supervisor(s) upon request.
Receives telephone calls and visitors.
Screens calls and routes misdirected calls to other appropriate individuals in the organization.
Obtains and maintains adequate office supplies.
Assures that office equipment is kept in operational readiness.
Makes travel arrangements.
Coordinates manager's schedule and makes appointments.
Reserves and prepares facilities for meetings.
Records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
Composes routine non-technical correspondence that has established procedures and guidelines.
Corrects grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and words; decides proper arrangement of typed material.
Ensures the timely submission of correspondence and reports and may consolidate such reports.
Establishes files and other information for reference and control purposes.
Follows retention procedures in disposing of records.
Compiles or assists in compiling periodic reports on the basis of general instructions which may include the timely collection of client fees (wages), maintenance of appropriate documentation, and submission of routine and special reports and billings.
Determines priorities to ensure accomplishment of tasks.
Schedules tentative appointments without prior approval.
Makes arrangements for meetings and conferences.
Advises supervisor of any issues to ensure orderly and efficient administrative operations.
Participates on cross- functional teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Skill and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Skill working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and then applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, in business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and unusual common sense.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the public, other authorities, agencies, and employees.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task effectively, and able to work efficiently in a stressful environment.
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
Associate Degree plus four years directly related experience OR high school diploma/equivalent plus six years directly related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas driver's license with satisfactory MVR record (meets requirements to be insured)
Hourly pay rate from $13.50- $15.00.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America Texas - 18 months ago