Walden University seeks a highly-qualified, experienced, executive level administrative assistant to support five or more members of its leadership team. Applicants must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and be able to complete a wide variety of assigned tasks quickly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities include budget tracking and creating Excel and PowerPoint presentations for executive meetings. Incumbent will also manage calendars, travel, and expense reporting for the executives and department. Additional responsibilities include generating memos, internal and external team communications and data reporting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Schedule appointments and conference calls.
- Maintain and update daily calendars for executives.
- Coordinate and make travel reservations for US domestic and international travel.
- Schedule and arrange internal and external meeting logistics, including live meetings, videoconferences, conference calls, hotel accommodations, catering requests, room set up, set up for offsite meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Plan and arrange events.
- Collect information needed by executives for conferences and reports.
- Prepare presentations and reports using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prepare letters, spreadsheets and correspondence.
- Prepare and/or process invoices, check requests, travel and expense reports.
- Create and maintain confidential files and records.
- Manage database or spreadsheet applications specific to the department.
- Anticipate needs of the department, take on projects as appropriate, and make suggestions about current processes and procedures that affect the college's administrative tasks.
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering departmental supplies.
- Manage office equipment requests in relation to printers, copier service calls, and other needs.
- Provide back up support to the CEO's and President's administrative assistants.
- Work closely with other administrative assistants throughout the organization in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Order supplies and keep all office equipment operational.
Travel may occur twice annually for Commencement Ceremonies. This would require approximately a week of travel for each ceremony and the ability to multitask and provide onsite support at several locations in regards to setting up and preparing for our commencement ceremonies and/or executive meetings. This would require the lifting and moving of items to different locations, and traveling around large facilities.
TECHICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BUSINESS COMPETENCIES: Must have solid organizational, customer service, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Must have a high school diploma, college experience preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience supporting executives in a fast paced large corporate environment.
- Must possess solid, advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Please note that assessment tests on the Microsoft Office Suite will be required during the interview process.
- Must be a detail-oriented, a self starter and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and people interactions in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse array of people, including senior level leadership within the organization and with units organization-wide.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as the situation demands; managing competing priorities.
- Serve as a leader and role model of professionalism for peer level administrative team
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary. Physical requirements of this position include the following: carrying, near and mid-range vision, visual accommodation, hearing, handling, lifting up to 40 pounds, balancing, field of vision, fingering, crouching, depth perception, and talking.
An equal opportunity employer, Walden University offers competitive compensation, training, and the opportunity to impact the lives of highly motivated adult learners.
Laureate Education, Inc., and all of it subsidiaries or affiliates, are equal opportunity employers. EOE
Laureate Education Inc. - 17 months ago