Responsible for general yard office duties; telephone
coverage, coordinating schedules and appointments,
material handling/receiving, typing, delivering and/or
posting documents, e-mail, creating and maintaining
spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, reporting and
maintaining records, contracts and files.
- Greet and direct visitors
- Respond to inquiries by local, state, and federal
- Manage track agreements
- Maintain vehicle and driver files, project files, and
- Manage the renewal of registrations
- Update crossing inventory
- Prepare production reports
- Prepare derailment reports
- Order PPE and office supplies
- Maintain scaling truck/scale
- Maintain correspondences via telephone and e-mail
- Complete invoicing
- Receipt ballast
- Assist other departments as needed
High School degree minimum, Associate degree preferred
or 3 years of work-related experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
applications as required
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other
- Experienced with financial reporting / general ledger
Shorthand/speedwriting skills are helpful
- Strong organizational, and administration skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
discreetly, work effectively in a team environment with
- Strong grammar and editing skills are required
- Must be able to handle confidential matters
all levels of personnel, including senior management
(internal and external)
tasks based on importance and time frames.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to collect and compile data, define problems,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
and business contacts in an efficient, courteous, and
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, management,
- Able to travel on a limited basis
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to stand and walk to file cabinets, office
equipment and supplies, and other offices 15% of time.
Must be able to sit at desk to perform duties 75% of
Must be able to use hands to finger and feel keys on
keyboards and calculators 75% of time.
Must be able to reach with hands and arms to file,
grasp, and maneuver paperwork; and/or reach and operate
personal computer and office equipment 100% of time.
Must be able to stoop or kneel to reach file drawers,
cabinets 5% of time.
Must have close vision and ability to adjust focus to
operate personal computer, calculate, compile and enter
information from timesheets and timecards.
Must be able to talk and hear to communicate with
co-workers, workers in other locations, business
associates, and management 100% of time.
The employee in this job is required to exert up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential functions of this job,
the team member is in an office environment.
Watco Companies, LLC. - 16 months ago