Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$719 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Global Equity Portfolio Management seeks an Administrative Assistant to support Portfolio Managers and Team Analysts on our Emerging Markets Equities team. The Administrative Assistant’s role is to leverage the investors’ time through logistical coordination of the team’s activities and needs. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to support and represent executive-level leaders in a professional services environment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Diligent telephone coverage with gate-keeping expectations
• Proactive calendar management
• International travel itineraries and arrangements
• Extensive logistical coordination of meetings with various constituencies
• Producing various materials including daily reports, market data information, meeting prep packets, research materials, etc.
• Handling daily mail, file systems, expense reporting, etc.
• Providing back-up for other department support positions as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior administrative/office experience; investment management and/or professional services background will be viewed favorably
• Exposure to international contexts whether through work experience, study or living abroad, and/or personal travel
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• High level of reliability, diligence, professionalism and discretion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Outstanding service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
• Strong detail-orientation and work quality
• Ability to work under deadlines and to accommodate last-minutes changes
• Positive, can-do attitude; Flexibility; Sense of humor
• Work schedule is 7:30 am – 4:30 pm though flexibility and overtime may be necessitated by business circumstances
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...