Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$719 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
This position is for an administrative assistant (AA) on the Americas Pension Funds team, which is part of the Global Relationship Group at Wellington. The AA is an integral part of a busy, market-facing team; directly supporting relationship managers and business development managers, as well as working with other members of the team including analysts, and other professionals.
- Diligent coverage of telephone lines
- Calendar management
- Travel coordination including itinerary, transportation, hotel
- Expense reimbursement
- Meeting coordination including Outlook meeting requests; conference room booking; security clearance; catering
- Presentation preparation including editing, collating and distributing materials
- Database maintenance, including contact information and mailing lists
- Coordinating and sending mass mailings; conference and event invitation mailings
- Assistance with preparation and distribution of monthly and quarterly client reporting materials, using various internal data systems
- File Maintenance
- Assistance with a variety of department and team projects
We seek candidates interested in a market-facing position, who have excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills. The successful candidate for this position must be a team player and a self-starter. A professional work ethic and an ability to handle high-level client and prospect contact with good judgment are essential, as well as strong interpersonal communication skills, and discretion with confidential information. Attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook are required.
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...