Provides administrative support to the department. Performs all necessary functions for daily operations and serves as source of information to students, staff, and faculty on policies, procedures, and office activities. Departmental Focus: Obtain authorization for all surgeries, office visits and smaller procedures as indicated, diagnostic imaging as needed, schedule surgeries for one or more surgeons, answer phones, make appointments, provide all aspects of administrative support for ENT practice including work on EMR. Principal Responsibilities 1. Serves as source of information to students, staff, faculty, and clients on policies, procedures, and office activities.
2. Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses natures of business. Provides assistance or refers to appropriate individual. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
3. Receives and schedules client referrals. Resolves scheduling conflicts. Formats, keyboards, edits and proofreads correspondence, grants, manuscripts, reports, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material.
4. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, attachments, dates, and signatures. Composes general correspondence and written material.
5. Gathers, compiles and records data. Creates reports and summarizes findings. Assembles and compiles material for grant, contract, and budget preparation.
6. Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements. Coordinates travel arrangements. Establishes and maintains filing systems. Sorts screens and distributes mail. Completes forms.
7. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Photocopies material. Oversees and instructs support staff. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
8. May perform other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Required Skill/Ability 1: Proven experience with pre-authorizations/pre-certs and proven proficiency with patient scheduling. Required Skill/Ability 2: Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task with excellent organizational skills. Required Skill/Ability 3: Proven ability to work well with supervisors, physicians, patients and all professional contacts. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills. Required Skill/Ability 4: Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Required Skill/Ability 5: Proven ability to use a multi-line phone and answer calls from patients. Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: EPIC experience. Weekend Hours Required? No Evening Hours Required? No Drug Screen No Health Screening No Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 20 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...