Yusen Logistics (Americas) is a $1 billion company with over 45 locations and 1500 employees throughout the Americas. YLA [Yusen Logistics (Americas) is a wholly owned subsidiary of NYK Line, a $19.5 billion dollar Japanese owned international logistics and transportation services company, with more than a 120 year history. YLA provides 3rd Party Logistics services including warehousing, distribution, transportation (air, truck and rail), and international logistics solutions as well as customs brokerage services.
SUMMARY: Administrative Assistant Reports to the Director/GM. Hours are Mon-Fri, 7a-3:30p.Provides a range of clerical and administrative support services to the Director/GM and other members of the warehouse management team. Position is located in Sumner, WA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains inventory of office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, placing and expending orders for supplies.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality when working with information regarding payroll, compensation, benefits, production and financial analysis reporting and other proprietary information.
• Maintain accurate daily, weekly, monthly reporting as required to support Management and Production needs.
• Improves quality results by analyzing budgetary spending on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis; produce relevant reports to management.
• Assist GM with producing PowerPoint presentations.
• Interact with clients, vendors and visitors.
• Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing, filing, opening, sorting, distributing incoming correspondence, including faxes; Operates office equipment such as calculating, fax and photocopy machines; Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
• Makes travel and meeting arrangements for staff; training classes.
• Research, price and orders office furniture, equipment and supplies.
• Processes payment of invoices; prepares purchase orders; obtains or verifies required approvals have been obtained in compliance with established purchasing policy; reviews requisitions; confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule; places orders with vendor; follows up on late deliveries.
• Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
• Support staff in assigned project-based work.
• Other duties assigned by General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from Two year College or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -