Position ID: FY2013-FIN.CON
Hours: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Bethesda, MD
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative backstop to URC-CHS’ Finance and Contracts offices. The position reports to the CFO, Finance and the VP for Contracts and Grants Administration. This position provides support as needed to senior technical and management staff.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative backstopping to the CFO and VP of Contracts Offices, as needed for appointments and meeting logistics.
- Assist in developing and ensuring quality of departmental deliverables to include reports, summaries and correspondence and policy documents. These deliverables may require writing, editing, proofreading, translating and/or coordinating translation services
- Manage supplies for the floor; liaise with the general services department.
- Coordinate departmental activities with internal and external parties as appropriate. Prepare for meetings and presentations of project activities (set up meetings, develop PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Prepare and process general subcontractor invoices with appropriate supporting documentation; assist in processing travel subcontractor invoices
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic and paper filing systems for Finance and Contracts Departments;
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of policies, job aids, documents and materials, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
Note: You must currently be eligible to work long-term in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field (or commensurate experience) PLUS two years of experience working on international donor funded projects in an administrative support capacity.
- Financial skills, including experience reviewing expenditure vouchers and accompanying receipts and determining allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of back-up documentation for expenditures.
- Budgeting skills, including experience with and aptitude for creating budget scenarios, projecting expenditures based on clear assumptions, and tracking actual expenditures against projections.
- Computer literacy is required. Advanced skills in Excel and MS Word a must. Ability in other programs such as Access, and Power Point applications is strongly desired.
- Experience with and an ability to follow United States federal contract procedures and regulations.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others. Able to work independently in a fast-paced organization by prioritizing and managing multiple priorities. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Proficiency in a second official UN Language is desired.
- Experience working in a federal contracting environment. Specifically, experience working with USAID- or CDC- funded programs in an organization focused on international development is desired.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 11 months ago