Position : Administrative Assistant - Human Resources.
Basic Function : This position is responsible for support of the associate director of human resources and two assistant directors of human resources. General administrative and project related support for the areas of staffing, staff development, staff education and various One Team, One Future initiatives. Project related areas include new employee orientation, employee onboarding, performance management, training and development initiatives and other projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Administrative Support .
- General administrative duties including memorandums, forms, general correspondence, check requests, budget tracking and meeting scheduling.
- Update and maintain office-wide organizational charts including exploration of alternatives to effectively and efficiently manage this process.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain a human resources department wide calendar to track events, activities and scheduled time off throughout the year to ensure appropriate staff coverage
- Provide general assistance to NCAA staff members by answering questions, providing forms and guidance on transactional human resources matters.
- Provide back-up support for employment matters including scheduling interviews, conducting benefit overviews and first day paperwork for new hires.
- Organize and maintain the human resources file room to ensure compliance with recordkeeping requirements.
- Provide administrative and project support to various One Team, One Future teams and initiatives, including programming, events, and new hire orientation.
- Special projects as assigned by the managing director of human resources.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Extensive computer knowledge required (Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of One Team One Future structure and programming strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with UltiPro or other HRIS systems preferred.
- Prior experience with report writing tools such as Cognos preferred.
- Experience with DISC profiles and reports preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities required.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling and punctuation skills required.
- Service-oriented individual with highly effective organization skills required.
- Highly adaptable with ability to juggle numerous competing priorities while maintaining an eye for detail and quality required.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and sensitive issues required.
- One to two year’s experience in human resources preferred.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 20 months ago