The New York City Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers has a full-time position open for an experienced administrative assistant with some knowledge of design and graphics to work closely with the executive director, program associates, other staff, and members of the social work profession.
The person who is hired for this position will play a critical role in the functioning of our small, but fast paced, high volume office.
We are looking for candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Capacity for achieving excellence in one's work; college degree preferred.
- Minimum two years demonstrated experience/ability in functioning as an administrative assistant with general administrative responsibilities, preferably working directly with executive or professional staff.
- Some experience with designing fliers, brochures and newsletters; Photoshop, InDesign helpful.
- Facility with electronic media, including e-blasts, updating websites, and enthusiasm for learning new programs.
- Capacity to learn about resources and information that is relevant to professional social workers, including legal requirements for social work licensing.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and speaking with the organization's membership.
- Excellent computer skills; Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, with an ability to learn new applications and programs. Knowledge of Access, Publisher, Power Point helpful. Knowledge of the internet.
- Comfortable working with social workers and strengthening the social work profession, as well as a capacity to support a diverse social work workforce.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Willingness and ability to "multitask", be flexible, and availability to work some evenings and occasionally on weekends.
idealist.org - 6 months ago