The Recreation department of the JCCSF has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Recreation department encompasses programs for children, youth, families and adults in the areas of music, dance, gymnastics, cooking, theater, and more. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the department as a whole, working with Program Managers and Class Coordinators to ensure professional, well-run programs. The position also supports the Director of the department with other areas such as the Volunteer Program, Adult Services, and Émigré programs.
Provide administrative support to the Recreation Department Director and the Youth Recreation Programs Manager including:
- Responding to telephone calls and emails
- Scheduling rooms and arranging for equipment needs for all programs
- Maintaining program data such as participant files, enrollment statistics, and tracking of required forms.
Maintain systems for program marketing, outreach and enrollments including:
- Enter and update programs on the web site so content remains fresh and relevant.
- Act as main contact with the Marketing Department in creating course guides or catalogs, ensuring that all class and program information is current and correct.
- Create written copy and class schedule information for the JCCSF's course guide, web site and flyers.
- Input classes into the JCCSF's class registration system.
- Assist with program outreach efforts including promoting programs on outside sources
Provide support during class registration periods and program sessions including
Coordinate the JCCSF's volunteer program including:
- Create class rosters and attendance sheets
- Maintaining emergency binder with current class rosters
- In cooperation with the appropriate Program Manager or Class Coordinator, ensure that minimum enrollment levels are reached in order to run classes overseen by the Recreation department
- Contact class instructors to discuss class cancellations or schedule changes.
- Contact students when classes are cancelled or schedules shifted.
- Initiate refunds when appropriate.
- Enter current volunteer registration forms into the volunteer database.
- Work with JCCSF Program Managers, Directors and staff to ascertain volunteer needs and find appropriate volunteers.
- Assist with planning and implementing the annual volunteer appreciation event.
Additional responsibilities as needed.
- At least two years' experience working in an administrative or accounting position.
- Ability to work in an informal, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new technology systems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Some weekend or evening availability may be required.
This is a full-time position with generous benefits. Occasional weekend or evening hours may be required.
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco - 24 months ago