Administrative Assistant to Dean of the School of Christian Thought, with primary duties and responsibilities in/for the departments and degree programs of Theology, Philosophy, Apologetics, and Classics and Biblical Languages.
This is a full-time, exempt status position. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing administrative, secretarial and general office functions for the School of Christian Thought.
- Recruiter: Input and update all relevant documents and record all contact with students in a timely manner (in a 24-hour period).
- Provide a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants. Gathers information on graduate inquiries and inputs into databases for mailings and communications. Educates prospective graduate students regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Greets visitors/guests/students in a courteous and professional manner, determines their needs and either provides the appropriate information or directs them to the appropriate person or department.
- Reviews content of graduate admissions web pages; updates to assure information reflects current marketing message, policies and practices, makes recommendations for revisions to ensure accuracy and optimal delivery of information.
- Respond within 24 hours to all inquiries about the graduate programs and enter into Recruiter
- Provide advising reports to the graduate program directors
- Assist program directors with new student orientation and information receptions
- Assist new students in registration and university policies (attends registration events)
- Create and maintain filing system which keeps up with all significant events in the student’s tenure, including advising and enrollment
- Assist program directors in recruitment of new students. This may include evening duties.
- Assist in preparing recruiting materials.
- Provide weekly update of applicants to the program directors.
- Maintain and update forms of the graduate school and the graduate program.
- Work with graduate students to register within two weeks of acceptance.
- Provide timely response to the graduate school regarding admitted students.
- Respond to the Graduate School director’s requests within the given time period.
- Coordinate supporting documentation for graduate scholarships including BGCT scholarships and Guild scholarships
- Track provisional students for the first year of matriculation
- Arrange admission interviews, if applicable
- Arrange exit interviews, if applicable
- Schedule and assist the program director with oral or comprehensive exams, if applicable
- Assist with the maintenance and review of all handbooks and manuals pertaining to the graduate program
- Assist the dean’s office in tracking and managing the School of Christian Thought budget and adjunct payroll forms
- Order office supplies when needed and maintain the copier/supply room
- Enter approved override requests and communicate in a timely manner with advisers
- Assist the dean’s office in entering and scheduling classes
- Assist in planning, promoting and executing events, including recruitment events and events in apologetics, this may require some evening hours and off-campus functions
- All other duties as assigned by the dean
College degree preferred, High School diploma / GED equivalent, with a minimum of two year of general secretarial/clerical experience will be considered. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Must be computer literate, especially in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Possess skill and knowledge of Banner, Argos, and Recruiter
- Ability to use office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Self-reliant, decisive, proactive, enthusiastic, and make a positive impression on others.
OFFICE HOURS : Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; Friday: 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Houston Baptist University - 6 months ago