This position will provide excellent administrative assistance to the director of the Office of the President (DOP) and represent the President’s Office in a hospitable, professional manner to the mission of Young Life.
- Assist the DOP in managing the president’s schedule.
- Track and schedule all requested and reoccurring meetings requested by the DOP with president’s direct reports as well as from non-direct reports.
- Based on travel limits and agenda priorities set by the president, review and analyze in monthly increments, the viability of the schedule as planned and advise the DOP of necessary changes.
- Track all travel and meetings over the course of the year for regular review with the president in order to aim towards the most efficient and strategically significant schedule possible.
- Manage the travel components of the president’s Priority Prospect list, field and camp visits to ensure maximum face-to-face contact with Board of Trustees, donors, field and camp staff throughout the year.
- Implement, monitor and refine an efficient mail and desk system for the president and DOP.
- Represent the Office of the President in a personable manner by demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness and a professional attitude.
- Provide key administrative support for the DOP by doing the following:
- Secondary administrative support for the President.
- Back up on phone coverage for the Office of the President
- Desk preparation for the president and DOP
- President’s Office upkeep – supplies and refrigerator
- Schedule both in and out of office meetings
- In office lunches
- Manage Powell House activities
- Hospitality for out-of-town guests
- With DOP, coordinate performance evaluation process for Mission Field Team and president’s direct reports.
- Maintain and update both paper and electronic files for quick and accurate retrieval of information.
- Provide leadership for the support functions of the President’s Office.
- Assist DOP in developing and analyzing budgets.
- Organize and respond to, as appropriate, any incoming correspondence (phone, email, U.S. mail) for DOP and President.
- Manage calendar for DOP.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed for the DOP and president.
- Compose written correspondence as needed.
- Proofread a variety of documents.
- Under the direction of the DOP, assist with logistics on Board meetings (two-three per year), Senior Leadership Team meetings (one per year), Cabinet meetings (two per year), and Mission Field Team meetings (more than three per year)
- Manage and oversee all volunteers, full or part-time staff involved in the planning of the event
- Negotiate contracts
- Work with/manage the budget for this event
- Resort/hotel relations
- Food and beverage
- Air travel
- Ground transportation
- Speakers and other platform personnel
- VIP concerns
- Special events
- Other special projects as assigned by the president and the DOP.
- Maintain a positive, warm, personable manner with flexibility and a desire to answer “Yes!” to all requests if possible.
- Problem-solve with people such that all parties are cared for and heard.
- Collaborative and cooperative team efforts both within and outside the Office of the President.
- Manage president’s contact list.
- High school diploma; BA or BS preferred.
- Must represent Young Life and the President’s Office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Understand Young Life field culture and organizational structure; Young Life experience a plus.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office necessary.
- Previous event planning and travel planning experience necessary.
- Must multi-task assigned projects autonomously to completion.
- Successful team player and productive self-starter; able to oversee projects from start to finish.
- Must successfully work with minimal supervision.
- Professional appearance with pleasant phone presence.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent written, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Standard Young Life benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension and 401(k), health club reimbursement and paid vacation. View further details .
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants must complete a Young Life Service Center Employment Application. Please complete this online application via the link below. Your application will be sent to the Young Life Service Center Human Resources department.