What's your motivation? Opportunity. Creativity. Contribution. It's all part of working for the American Heart Association where you can contribute professional growth with personal fulfillment. So if you're considering a rewarding career, consider the American Heart Association. We have an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Associate in our Cleveland office.
Description: Responsibilities will include managing general office functions, reviewing mail, preparing daily banking deposits, coordinating meetings and calendars. The Administrative Associate will need to be a self-motivated, independent worker who enjoys handling a variety of office related tasks as well as preparing for community fund raising events, such as the Heart Walk.
The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to adjust to seasonal workloads relative to fundraising events; ability to participate in meetings, work in a team environment, and interact with all levels of AHA staff, volunteers and public; ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends; and ability to pass a satisfactory background check including criminal and motor vehicle history.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and database tools.
- Ability to complete administrative related tasks such as reviewing, responding to and typing letters, reviewing documents, manuals and other office correspondence.
- Ability to work general office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, phone systems, etc.
- Independent, self-motivated worker.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with local and affiliate staff, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to support processes related to fundraising events such as recording and depositing donations, soliciting and gathering donated items and assisting with event logistics as needed.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 20 lbs from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, in a diverse and inclusive environment in which to learn and grow. And we do. Visit www.heart.org\careers and click "benefits" for more information. EOE M/F/V/D
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting as an administrative assistant or in a similar role.
- Two year degree in business/office/administrative field preferred.
American Heart Association - 2 years ago
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...