The office of Real Estate Administration oversees approximately 16 million square feet of space in over 800 buildings, both on- and off-campus including over 1 million square feet of leased space.
Real Estate Administration is currently seeking to fill the position of Administrative Associate to provide high quality and responsive administrative support to the Director, general support for the Department, and serve as administrative support to the Space & Capital Project Committee. A high degree of professionalism, organization, discretion, initiative, ability to follow instructions and use of good judgment is expected. Skill in both oral and written communications and computer proficiency is required. The successful candidate will work in an environment that is very fast-paced. Exercising initiative, resourcefulness, ethics and good judgment are essential.
The successful candidate will have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; have excellent organizational skills; and demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Performs a variety of administrative and/or secretarial support activities for the Director, such as calendaring appointments, coordinating complicated meetings requiring multiple attendees and arranging appropriate meeting locations.
- Composes, produces and edits correspondence, reports, or other documents from rough drafts or through original composition, both as directed and on own initiative.
- Prepares, formats, and proofreads materials using MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel.
- Files and maintains documents and correspondence for ease of retrieval.
- Provides front office coverage.
- Provides administrative support to the Space & Capital Project Committee; schedules recurring monthly meetings; prepares and distributes agendas requiring compilation of materials from multiple campus-wide sources; attends meetings, records, prepares and distributes minutes.
- Acts as Human Resources representative for the Department; monitors and approves employees' reported time; facilitates the hiring of new employees, including preparation of hiring paperwork; assists staff with HR questions; coordinates annual staff reviews; and assists with other HR issues as required.
- Works in a team environment and builds collaborative working relationships with other university units.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit AND one year of directly related administrative experience; OR, five years of directly related administrative experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills, including familiarity with business-style letter, memo and email formats.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office software.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently on own to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to serve as a trusted resource of information for the university, students, staff and community members.
- Working knowledge of UAccess Analytics, UAccess Employee, and UAccess Financials.
- Real Estate License is not required.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Administrative and Professional