Vykin Corporation is currently looking for an administrative associate for our professional downtown Tampa office. We are a small veteran owned defense contracting company specializing in technology. The selected candidate will receive a generous benefit plan starting day one as well as the opportunity to join a small company that believes every employee truly counts.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for the entire company.
- Responsible for office management to include; receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, mail sorting and shipping, running errands, ordering office supplies, new hire and employee packages, faxing, form creation, and other administrative duties as necessary.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, reports and other special projects for designated managers or executives.
- Responsible for corporate travel to include; booking, arranging, payment and reconciliation for domestic and international travel including flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Responsible for event planning; organizing and planning both in office and offsite meetings, social events, and teambuilding events.
- Works as the company Point of Contact for several organizations and vendors, must be comfortable establishing, communicating, negotiating and maintaining our current and new vendor relationships.
- Responsible for extensive and complex monthly expense reports and credit card reconciliations.
- Responsible for various corporate communications and writing duties which may include company newsletter articles, announcements, and internal website updates.
- Responsible for running the company Charity/Volunteer program; research and schedule volunteer and charity events, establish relationships with charity and volunteer organizations and help develop the program to increase employee participation.
- Work on special projects for various departments.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What we are looking for:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an administrative role
- A college degree is preferred, however years of experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010 Suite to include; Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Pro experience a plus.
- Travel coordination and event planning experience a plus.
- Experience working with office equipment; fax, copier, scanner, phone and voicemail systems.
- Strong professional writing and editing skills required.
- Experience in effectively and concisely communicating with the senior most executives within a small organization.
- Hands-on, high energy work ethic, with an ability to work very effectively as part of a team, and with all levels of the company.
- A process and analytically focused mindset, with the highest attention to detail to proactively anticipate and resolve/coordinate issues.
- Represent the company with poise and confidence; remain focused and professional in an ever-changing, fast paced industry. Excellent communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with highly confidential and/or sensitive materials.
- A passionate self-starting mindset, able to work autonomously, but also enjoys collaborating with peers.
- Must demonstrate strong personal initiative, resourcefulness and good judgment, and have ability to make appropriate decisions; and think “outside the box.”
- Ability to assess priorities and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, with a sense of urgency.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes or equipment. The work location for this job is in Tampa, FL. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. Vykin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).