Advancement Project is a public policy change organization rooted in the civil rights movement. We engineer large-scale systems change to remedy inequality, expand opportunity and open paths to upward mobility. Our goal is that members of all communities have the safety, opportunity and health they need to thrive.
Our signature is reach and impact. With our strong ties to diverse communities, unlikely alliances, policy and legal expertise, and creative use of technology, we and our partners have won over $15 billion to extend opportunity. Whether it is to build 150 schools, transform the City of Los Angeles' approach to its gang epidemic, or revolutionize the use of data in policymaking, Advancement Project evens the odds for communities striving to attain equal footing and equal treatment.
This is a high-level, high responsibility position to provide full administrative support to two of our Co-Directors and the Program Director, who are all civil rights attorneys with demanding schedules. Duties include, but are not limited to: helping with calendars and contacts, document preparation for meetings, tracking expenses for expense reports and reimbursements, event planning and coordination for both the organization and the docket, taking messages, participating in and taking notes during conference calls, arranging and scheduling travel and meetings, maintaining files, drafting and reviewing correspondence. In addition, a quarter of the Administrative Coordinator's time will be dedicated to administrative tasks for our partner law firm English, Munger & Rice, which include correspondence, filing and light bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for helping to address social inequities. Advancement Project offers a high-paced, creative, and highly meaningful work experience.
Advancement Project is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant is a must.
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement
- Excellent organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a large busy office
- Strong computer skills including complete knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong internet research skills required. Familiarity with accounting software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Comfort working under pressure and tight deadlines
idealist.org - 14 months ago