Responsible for providing business and administrative support to the Head of North America Controllers and general administrative support to NAM Controllers staff based in North America. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment and interfacing with various AZ, Finance, service providers, functions, and geographies including executives, direct staff, new hires, international contacts, as well as ongoing regular customer interaction. |
* Performs an extensive array of administrative tasks, including but not limited to preparing presentations, maintaining applicable calendars (highlighting or taking action to manage conflicts).
* Arrange travel needs both domestically and internationally. This potentially includes tracking and filing expenses, while ensuring compliance with relevant AZ policies.
* Host frequent global visitors which involve booking visitor space, badge registration, and ground transportation as needed.
* Work on specified special assignments and project-oriented activities within NAM Controllers.
* Coordinate meeting logistics attended by department staff members. This includes video / audio conferencing equipment setup, catering, and conference room booking.
* Coordinate meetings and special events at sites in Wilmington, including arranging travel for small to large groups and scheduling facilities, meals, and equipment.
* Order, receive, and distribute office and computer supplies for the department.
* Manage and track invoices and purchase requisitions for the department. Maintain team P-Card.
* Maintains a general knowledge of AstraZeneca policies and procedures.
* Manages confidential and/or sensitive information appropriately (i.e. -- performance reviews, organization changes, personnel files, etc).
* Manage own work and that of the manager/team in appropriate AstraZeneca tools and systems (Microsoft Outlook, eRooms, SharePoint, etc);
* Collaborates effectively within a team environment while responding to ad hoc requests.
Act as a strong team player, operating flexibly to cover for and support colleagues.
Work cross-functionally and globally on an ongoing basis, building global relationships with peer groups to facilitate global working for self and manager/team.
* Responsible for the collection of monthly and quarterly journal entries (JEVs), account reconciliations and bank reconciliations to ensure compliance.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in an administrative role with project coordination experience
* High School diploma
* Excellent administrative, interpersonal, time management, customer service and organizational skills
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Working knowledge of search engines, Intranet and Internet
*Experience in supporting regional and/or global projects;
Required Core Competencies:
* Ability to work independently, take initiative and respond to rapidly changing priorities
* Detail oriented.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization (internal and external).
*An excellent knowledge of IT skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Outlook, Calendar; familiar with web-based systems, EZBuy, teleconferencing and collaboration tools like eRooms, SharePoint, etc;
*Flexible and self-motivating attitude;
*Knowledge of AstraZeneca procedures and policies;
*Ability to remain calm in times of pressure.
AstraZeneca - 17 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...