The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Human Resources department (50%), the Finance department (25%) and the Operations department (25%). This position provides detailed administrative support, general clerical, receptionist and project based work.
Human Resources (50%):
- Coordinates meetings, calendars, agendas, travel arrangements, and reports.
- Develops letters, presentation materials, proposals and other documents as needed.
- Verifies I-9 documentation, maintains documentation and enters information into eVerify.
- Assists with new employee online background checks via the electronic system.
- Assists with the reconciliation of monthly benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of various benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Assists with maintaining the monthly HR tracking spreadsheet. Assists with processing of new hires and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of performance review forms/process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR Director.
- Assists with benefits enrollment for new employees. Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepares new employee files. Take new hire photos/keep photo wall upstairs current. Orders CAFB name tags and business cards. Processes mail.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Responsible for backing up the Receptionist (Cover lunches and instances where coverage is needed due to absences etc.)- answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member. Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing. Responsible for the maintenance of the Finance department’s hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Support finance staff in assigned project based work. (Materials/Minutes for Finance Committee Meeting & maintaining contracts binder and Finance Policy binder)
- Responsible for keeping meeting minutes (Transportation and Warehouse meetings)
- Responsible for maintaining Monthly Operational Reports
- Perform administrative support – AIB inspections, Safety Manual documents, Safety Committee support etc.
Education, Experience, and Training
Knowledge and Skills
- Two to five year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in a support position within a business environment and/or a non-profit organization.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proven proficiency with the Internet.
- Coordination – Work closely with COO, Sr. Director of Finance and the Human Resources Director to keep projects and tasks moving forward.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, in particular the ability to understand and organize detailed information.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Feeding America - 10 months ago