The Administrative Coordinator for Campus Services provides administrative support for the director and manager level positions located at the Campus Services Central Administrative Offices. Work requires an understanding of the various auxiliary units under the division which include Copy Centers, Finance, Information Technology, Parking & Transportation Services, Postal Services, Printing & Mailing Services, and the University Store. General understanding of university guidelines, policies, and procedures, and familiarity of campus-wide departments is essential. Position responsibilities include general front office and receptionist support, administrative and financial support to Copy Centers for copy right permission administration and Computer Stores for purchase order data entry and file maintenance. Duties also include payroll data entry, administrative support and data entry for financial transactions such as accounts payable and inventory management, PTO record management, office supply ordering, mail service coordination, and coordination of facility and telecom services. The successful incumbent must have a strong customer service orientation
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: 2 or more years clerical and/or secretarial experience, including word processing experience.
- Skills: Ability to interact effectively with campus community and external customers; strong verbal and written communication skills. Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Responsible for performing complex secretarial, clerical and office duties, as well as some administrative responsibilities. Work requires significant knowledge of the policies, procedures and organization of the department/area, as well as outstanding ability in specialized office skills, i.e., typing, creating databases, proofreading, handling confidential correspondence, operating standard office equipment, etc. Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records. Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Physical Mobility: Moderate; Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time, able to answer telephones; may have to travel to other campus locations; some bending, stretching and lifting up to several reams of paper.
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting; contact with computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse for long periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to perform well in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful service environment; ability to work with frequent interruptions; ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations or individuals, perform repetitive tasks.
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Education: Some college or business school or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: Additional office experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Skills: Familiarity with Oracle and Filemaker.
Regular Full Time
CAMPUS SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
Minimum Education Level
Preferred Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
14.00 - 17.00 US Dollars Hourly
Carnegie Mellon University - 9 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...