The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate
throughout the country. Our company is comprised of
Master Planned Communities, Operating Properties,
Strategic Developments and other unique assets spanning
18 states from New York to Hawaii. We are traded on the
New York Stock Exchange as HHC.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is currently seeking an
Administrative Assistant to provide administrative
support to the current Administrative Assistant
supporting the Construction, Design and Planning
Departments at The Woodlands Operating Company. The
Woodlands is a 28,000-acre master-planned community
located 27 miles north of downtown Houston. Throughout
its 38 year history, The Woodlands has led the way among
master-planned communities that practice environmental
preservation. It is home to more than 102,000 people and
nearly 50,000 people work in the community. The
Woodlands is ranked the #1 Top-Selling Master-Planned
Community in Texas and #2 in the U.S. by RCLCO, based on
2011 new home sales.
scanning, printing, mailing and filing documents as
- Document Management: this includes producing,
new files as necessary.
- Mange the Construction department's files and create
materials and documents as requested.
- Assist with producing reports, presentation
includes keeping calendars up to date and ensuring
- Heavy calendar management for multiple people. This
that team members are aware of their scheduled
meetings on a daily basis.
- Schedule conference rooms for the Construction team
includes travel arrangements, securing meeting
- Coordinate meeting details as required. This
space, room set-up, AV equipment, catering,
presentation materials, etc.
to pay in the online accounts payable system.
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Prepare overnight mailings as necessary.
- Code the Construction team's invoices for approval
- Prepare and file expense reports for the
- Serve as back up to the Administrative Assistant in
Associates Degree preferred.
- Special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Currently enrolled in college, Some college or
support capacity or corporate office environment
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an administrative
- Construction company or industry experience strongly
challenges and obstacles.
- Exceptional typing skills.
- Must be highly motivated and take initiative.
- Think creatively and find solutions to overcome
- Must go above and beyond the minimum requirements of
business in order to effectively support the team.
- Must be eager to learn new things and understand the
Multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong Organization, Attention to Detail and
at all levels within the organization.
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees
afraid to ask questions if unsure.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision but not
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and
applications: Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office 2007 or 2010
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Offer Relocation : No
Howard Hughes Corporation - 20 months ago