The Poverty, Health, and Nutrition Division (PHND) of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified Administrative Coordinator to provide the Research Fellows and designated staff with necessary administrative support. This is a one-year, fixed-term, non-exempt, renewable appointment, and is based at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Document Support: Edit and/or transcribe reports, papers and manuscripts, proposals and other documents as needed, including the preparation of tables, charts, graphs, and bibliographies. Draft routine correspondence as needed for division staff. Establish and maintain hard copy and electronic file systems as needed.
2. Accounting Support: Prepare travel and field expense reports. File & monitor project budgets, collaborator and donor-approved budget expenditures, and sub-contracts.
3. Travel arrangement: Prepare hotel and travel requests for staff and visitors, assist in coordinating visa applications, request for itineraries, and issuance of air and/or train tickets, cash advances/honoraria, and preparation of travel expense reports. Coordinate with Travel Office & Accounting for processing travel requests.
4. Meetings: Coordinate arrangements for organizing special events, including lunches, meetings and workshops and other training events at IFPRI Headquarters or abroad. This function will include travel arrangements and hotel reservations for all participants, meeting room reservation, organizing meeting materials, presentation requirements, setting up teleconference, catering and taking/taping and/or transcribing of minutes of meeting, as needed.
5. Contract and project deliverables Support: Process collaborator contracts, following appropriate check list to assure compliance of all steps. Coordinate the receipt of collaborator deliverables and submission of donor deliverables as requested.
6. Appointment schedule & Visitors’ Support: Provide logistical support for visitors, to include office/hotel reservation, pick-up and return of office keys, computer connections, assigned office name tag/labeling, and arrangement for brown bag/seminar/presentation.
7. Contact Data Base Support: Maintain Staff contacts updated.
8. Mail Support: If requested, manage incoming & outgoing mail for selected staff.
9. Assist with intra-Divisional and secretarial support as needed. Other duties as assigned.
• College degree plus a minimum of 2-3 years of administrative work experience, or equivalent.
• Excellent oral and written English language skills.
• Solid composition, grammar and proofreading skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
• Demonstrated experience handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrated experience with financial information.
• Familiarity with monitoring/managing project budgets and contracts.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers: Experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through to closure.
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to read/write/converse in Spanish or French.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 15 months ago