The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Administrative Coordinator in our Washington DC Office.
The Coordinator’s primary role is to provide administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the Higher Ed outreach program. Key responsibilities include executive support to the Higher Ed leadership team, including coordinating and scheduling leadership and program meetings, and serving as administrative project lead for high-priority outreach projects.
This role will be responsible for helping to plan, schedule, coordinate, and organize a wide variety of external meetings, convening’s, and sessions with HE constituents. Additional responsibilities include: preparing and participating in team planning and progress meetings and documenting actions and follow-ups; special project support; drafting, editing, reviewing and proofreading correspondences, reports, and presentations, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Serve as the meeting coordinator in support of the ongoing Higher Ed outreach program.
- Responsible for coordinating and organizing a wide range of external meetings, sessions and convening’s, often a fast pace.
- Responsible for the logistical success of HE outreach activities. Expected to proactively manage logistical risks and issues as well as to actively solve problems and address issues.
- Work with the leadership team to arrange facilities, travel, materials for meetings held both at CB locations (NYO, WO, RO, and the regions) as well as at conferences, colleges and university facilities, hotels, etc.
- Manage key lists of constituents to ensure that invitations and attendance are rigorous tracked and managed, that communications are clear and timely and that participating constituents are satisfied with all supporting logistics.
- Provide a wide variety of administrative tasks for the HE leadership team that include access to private and confidential matter that require using discretion including originating and editing presentations, managing information in databases, coordinating distribution of information and material with internal and external entities, processing requests for information, preparing reports and maintain files. Keep leaders informed of outstanding items and other pending status as required.
- Serve as key support member of the HE leadership team, providing support to the Vice Presidents and Executive Directors to ensure smooth and efficient operations on a daily basis.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and documenting status and actions for the HE leadership team, including understanding and prioritizing follow up, distributing information to unit staff, etc.
- Facilitate project status meeting tasks and take clear and concise notes in project meeting and publish meeting notes promptly
- Serve as meeting coordinator for the management team; to include logistical arrangements, preparing documents, coordinating with vendors, and ensuring food orders are fulfilled when appropriate.
- Responsible for drafting, editing, reviewing and proofreading documents for the senior management team.
- Other duties as assigned, including serving as a P2P requistioner for the Higher Ed group, as needed.
- Provide back-up assistance to other department or program needs and assists with special projects, as required.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- College degree or equivalent education and experience required. A minimum of three plus years of responsible and directly related experience.
- Must have proven experience with capturing project meeting notes and tracking the status of pending/action items. Project coordinating experience required.
- Meeting coordination and event planning experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively set priorities and handle multiple situations and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a complex team environment
- Verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office applications including success in working with Microsoft Project; spreadsheets, creating and maintaining databases; PowerPoint, creating and updating presentations; Visio
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow-through and keep management updated on assignments
- Strong customer service orientation
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to APPLY by following the link below to send us your resume and a brief introductory cover letter that includes salary expectations.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...