The Mark Travel Corporation provides leisure vacation packages to over 200 destinations worldwide. We are the company that the world’s leading airlines and hoteliers trust to manage their vacation brands and take care of their customers. We hire top talent to create the best products and deliver the highest level of customer service. The strength of our company is outstanding people caring about the people we serve. If you strive for excellence and have a high level of integrity, we’re interested in you!
Under general direction of department manager, the Administrative Coordinator – Database Support is responsible for all aspects of managing the LME Database. This person will demonstrate a complete understanding of how the travel agency profile is set up, how the Tour Operator system works as well as its maintenance in Tandem.
- Update and maintain travel agency profiles in Tandem for all TMTC and Trisept Technology partners by providing data entry support for travel agency address, phone, fax, email and 1099 related changes on a daily basis; Database updates are processed within a 24-48 hour time frame during the business work week.
- Process all incoming New Agency Applications for TMTC brands on a daily basis; Responsible for approving/denying, logging status and tracking via the New Agency Application log; Inspects all questionable accounts and elevates as appropriate to management; works with receivable accounting to ensure that fraudulent accounts are not allowed in the database; New agencies are added within a 24-48 hour time frame during the business work week.
- Process payment status changes by updating the database across TMTC brands as directed by accounting; Ensure detailed comments are logged in the travel agency profile on all status changes; Payment status changes are processed within same day received during the business work week.
- Create and maintain departmental database related processes and procedures; Reviews existing procedures quarterly.
- Respond to all email and phone inquiries into Travel Agency Services; R esolve and respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner, including travel agencies and technology partners; Accurately identifying the issue and finding appropriate answer/resolution to meet all customer needs ; Work with Trisept and Customer Support team in resolving agency access issues including verifying or updating/changing account numbers for agency access to VAX.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Travel industry knowledge or experience
Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures and terminology
Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
Judgment and Decision-Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Learning from Past Experience – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
Number Comprehension – The ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide quickly and correctly
Oral Communication – The ability to listen, understand, and communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Problem Recognition – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and generate possible solutions.
Selective Attention and Multitasking – The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted or the ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities.
Position Orientation – The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you
Written Communication – The ability to read, understand and communicate ideas in writing.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-and smoke free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
The Mark Travel Corporation - 23 months ago
The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC) is recognized as a world leader in leisure travel and is trusted by the world's leading airlines and...