The Administrative Coordinator provides support to the UMass System Office in Shrewsbury to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization and supports the Budget and Planning Office projects and activities.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks and functions for the Budget Office including compiling relevant data for briefings/reports; Prepare materials for meetings; Provide follow up as needed after meetings
- Serve as backup to the Executive Assistant to Sr. VP for A&F
- Assists Operations Manager with the management of the CSF conference center; respond to conference room inquiries and equipment and Conference Call Bridge requests. Assists with special set ups and requests.
- Front office coverage handling telephone inquiries; mail etc. for the system office departments.
- Coordinate roll ons/roll offs. Maintain staff directories including UMass Connect. Update floor plans and signage. Track building badge and parking tags for employees and consultants.
- Provide facility and building services orientation to new employees and consultants
- Submit work order and telecom requests in absence of the Operations Manager
- Assist Operations Manager with University Courier Service, coordinating holiday schedules, special runs.
- Provides information and updates to staff via email, UMass Connect and Visix digital signs
- Coordinate processing and tracking of financial expenditures for A&F departments including assistance with creation, receipt, approval and payment preparations for purchase orders, accounts payable, employee expenses and procards
- Assist Operations Manager with special projects and coordination of day to day operations as required
- Provide back up support to all Administration and Finance areas as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- The Administrative Coordinator must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel both within and outside the System Office
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic business software applications including , PeopleSoft, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Knowledge of office procedures, systems and computer applications
- Three – five years’ experience in a professional office environment. A bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate’s experience. No relocation assistance available.
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
- Letter of Application
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UMass System Office Careers Account to check your completed application.
University of Massachusetts - 20 months ago