This position provides general administrative support to a B-band Director; requires thorough knowledge of the Director span of control, as well as company policies and procedures. Incumbent must be able to safeguard confidential information and perform ad hoc project-related duties as requested.
- Under limited supervision, coordinates, assists with and ensures office efficiency for a department through high level administrative support that often requires exercise of discretion, judgment and negotiation. This position reports directly to the Director - Precision Marketing , and has primary responsibility for providing support to that individual.
- Organizes and coordinates the operation of an office overseeing and managing the provisioning of supplies, equipment and services that enable the staff to perform their jobs effectively. Establishes and communicates procedures used in day-to-day operations and makes revisions as appropriate. This includes processing departmental expenses and limited budget oversight.
- Manages and maintains calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments without clearance on occasion; and performs routine administrative functions such as responding to inquiries with standard letters or arranging meetings and conferences. Must work effectively with other Assistants to coordinate executive schedules as needed. Organizes, coordinates, and takes/transcribes minutes of various meetings. Greet visitors and accommodate their needs as necessary. Arranges and schedules travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate managers or other offices. Ability to develop functional knowledge of client(s)’s area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices, and operations in order to provide appropriate information to callers. Brings urgent issues for action to supervisor’s attention.
- Prepares documents including customized reports, presentations, proposals and correspondence; ability to use discretion with regard to formatting and layout.
- Develops processes for maintaining departmental records and trains other administrative personnel on procedures. Coordinates office moves ensuring all technological needs of the client are met. Determines and communicates timelines and activities to individuals involved in moves.
3-5 yrs administrative experience
2 yr. degree preferred
Project management experience
Experience supporting multiple people and priorities
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
Strong verbal and written communication skills; organizational skills
Demonstrated organizational skills
Ability to work well independently and under pressure
Exhibits a healthy, positive and proactive attitude daily
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...