OMWD is currently seeking customer service oriented candidates with administrative experience for the position of Department Assistant. The successful candidate must possess the ability to effectively organize and manage competing priorities, work independently, represent the District professionally, and work together with other administrative and customer service staff to cross train and provide back-up support as needed.
Requires the ability to efficiently utilize a computer, copy machine and other office equipment; proof read documents for details and accuracy; utilize a variety of computer software programs; perform accurate data entry; and compose various reports and correspondence as required. Must maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and effectively utilize District resources. Reliable, stable attendance is also required. This position will be assigned to the Engineering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This at-will, detail oriented position performs a wide variety of administrative and customer service support functions. Duties to include:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and events;
- Generates clear and concise business correspondence;
- Composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence, memos, reports, agendas, resolutions and policies;
- Assists with the preparation of Board packets and related materials;
- Performs copying, faxing, filing, and other routine administrative tasks;
- Assists with customer inquiries and problem resolution;
- Assists District personnel with meeting preparation, set-up and clean-up;
- Maintains department files and records in accordance with approved records retention schedules; and
- Provides back-up support for the District front desk including taking customer calls and payments.
Education equivalent to graduation from high school with three years progressive experience in an administrative position is required. Minimum of three years experience performing a variety of administrative support functions, including composing, editing and proofing correspondence; front desk support; ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and various computer applications; proven ability to organize and manage competing tasks and priorities. Valid California drivers license and proof of insurability.
A District employment application is required. A current resume with cover letter should also be submitted with completed District application form. Filing Deadline: Monday 5/20/2013 at 5pm.
To apply, complete a District employment application on-line at:
under Employment/Job Opportunities or submit an application to:
OMWD – Attn: Human Resources 1966 Olivenhain Road Encinitas, CA 92024
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including 100% District paid health, dental, and vision insurance for family.