Performs a variety of high-level clerical and administrative duties for programs, departments, and other offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports and business correspondence, processes graduation application forms, receives shipping tickets, and processes payment of invoice
• Files records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Maintains spreadsheets and data bases
• Enters requisitions to purchase supplies and materials
• Communicates new and/or changes in procedures
• Interfaces with all levels of personnel in all departments throughout the District
• Provides office management duties for administrators
• Coordinates and distributes the workload of the office
• Interprets and follows prescribed procedures for the production of a large volume of work
• Orders and stocks office supplies; maintains list of office equipment, including computer hardware and software
• Schedules appointments and maintains office calendar
• Performs more advanced administrative work depending on area of assignment
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Two (2) years administrative office experience
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Special knowledge or skills pertinent to the needs of the office
• Experience with accounts payable and purchasing
• Experience with proposals; agreements; budget management
• Problem solving skills and the ability to lead and to instruct; strong communication skills
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience working in a community college environment
• Experience with Colleague
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Special Instructions Summary
Tarrant County College offers a variety of credit courses through the Center for Distance Learning. Courses are offered via Instructional...