WYOMING MILITARY DEPARTMENT
IN-SERVICE DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN
Open to presently employed Wyoming Army National Guard Military Technicians or Indefinite Military Technicians who competed for their positions
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMEBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must be presently employed Wyoming Army National Guard military technicians or an indefinite technician who competed for their positions in order to be considered for employmen t.
Open Area of Consideration:
Area 1: In-Service Technicians - All presently employed Wyoming Army National Guard military technicians and indefinite military technicians who competed for their positions may apply for this vacancy.
Paragraph #: 1220
Line #: 220
Position Title: Administrative Officer
Position Series/Grade: GS-0341-12 KEY REQUIREMENTS
Must currently be permanent or indefinite technician in the WYARNG.
Must submit ORB with application.
Refer to “Required Documents” section for additional details.
Must obtain a favorable (ANACI) National Agency Check within 1 yr of appt.
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain SECRET security clearance.
Relocation costs are not authorized with this vacancy. DUTIES:
a. INTRODUCTION :
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters - State (JFHQ-S), Construction and Facilities Management Office (CFMO), Information Technology and Administrative Services Branch, which provides facility services to numerous installations throughout the state. The primary purpose of this position is to provide continuity in administrative support and management control oversight. Supervisory duties require less than 25% of the incumbents time.
b. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
(1) Serves as the performance, process and management control officer of the CFMO, and supervises the Administrative and Information Technology and Administrative Branch. Performs independent and recurring analysis related to the efficiencies of the branch and the remainder of the CFM Office. Processes all special report requests, such as congressional inquiries, agency displays, external data calls, dedication ceremonies, etc., monitoring them through to completion.
(2) Serves as principal personnel manager to the CFM Officer. Recommends and implements decisions regarding manpower that are essential to the direction and operation of the branch. Conducts comprehensive management studies for the assessment and improvement of CFMO manpower requirements. Coordinates and monitors the annual evaluation process for all Federal and State personnel assigned to all work centers in the CFMO. Oversees the awards program, to include criteria for issuance, eligibility, and timely presentation for acts of heroism, meritorious service, and achievement. Supports all administrative requirements of the CFMO and is accountable for local purchases made in support of administrative services. Provides input for the development of the CFMO annual budget submittal and the States budget (submitted to the Governors office).
(3) Supervises the evaluation, analysis and implementation of information technology (IT) relative to accomplishment of the work performed and efficiencies in the CFMO. Ensures standardized and integrated systems are implemented. Serves as the clearinghouse for all IT problems within the CFMO and for necessary outside resources. Coordinates data content or logic problems with users to resolve invalid or erroneous output. Plans and programs future IT requirements into the long-range plans of the CFMO in concert with higher headquarters and the State Plan. Provides the necessary resources to implement remote access for the monitoring of the Smart Building Concept (includes connectivity and program compatibility). Coordinates with the J-6 for assistance in resolving problems of which the J-6 has primary responsibility. Supervises and prioritizes the automated system needs of the CFMO.
(4) Supervises federal and state employees performing duties and responsibilities related to administrative support activities in response to internal and external customers of the CFMO. Ensures mission objectives are accomplished under frequent changes in priorities. Functions as board chair member on all employee selection activities. Reviews, accepts, or rejects work of subordinates, prepares performance standards, and formally appraises their work. Identifies training requirements. Supports and promotes Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Upward Mobility and other special emphasis personnel programs, as well as managing the Army Safety Program within the CFMO. Initiates personnel actions such as promotions, reassignments, performance recognition and training requests. Approves / disapproves leave. Receives complaints and grievances, resolving those that can be informally resolved, and/or makes recommendations for resolution to appropriate Federal or State departments having jurisdiction. This supervision of employees constitutes less than 25% of the incumbents time.
(5) Coordinates and tracks all suspense dates for the CFMO. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) manuals for all processes within the control of the CFMO. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Work includes positions in which the employees are responsible for providing or obtaining a variety of management services essential to the direction and operation of an organization. The paramount qualifications required are extensive knowledge and understanding of management principles, practices, methods and techniques, and skill in integrating management services with the general management of an organization.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
Must possess experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations; supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques.; and experience using computer and automation systems.
Must possess at least 36 months e xperience, education or training analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions; experience preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence; experience evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources; experience utilizing the organization, its mission and the organizational staff procedures; experience using quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative and technical programs; experience developing the mission and work processes of programs throughout the military organization and multi level agencies; and experience in analytical and investigative techniques.
NOTE: Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide from ( MM/YYYY ) and to ( MM/YYYY ) dates with description of your specialized experience.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted applicants military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicant must provide a written statement of understanding, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position.
Warrant Min: WO1 Max: CW5
Officer Min: O1 Max: O5
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military grade promotion.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS:
Must possess or be eligible to retrain into MOS.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of the work of the position (i.e., management, business administration, oral communications, accounting, economics, etc.)
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
- Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT).
- The Selected applicant must complete a Declaration of Federal Employment: prior to the appointment date.
- Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives.
- Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement.
- Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
- Veterans preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f). HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Making a false statement in any part of your application may result in disciplinary action. BENEFITS:
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to new/prospective employees. http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...