The Administrative Program Coordinator, Diabetes Technology Program will perform the administrative aspects of the Diabetes Technology program which includes Insulin Pumps and Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM).
S/he facilitates, organizes and participates in the implementation of clinical education programs including Insulin Pump Program, Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Program. Supports the Programs Coordinator with the Diabetes Outpatient Intensive Treatment (DO IT) Program, and Weight Achievement & Intensive Treatment (WHY Wait) programs.
This individual will work closely with professional staff and other administrative staff in the Education department and is required to manage patient and provider schedules. Will create and maintain pertinent records and quality for the Program; assists to create and monitor operating budget; is required to represent the Program to external parties including vendors and third party payers.
Maintains program statistics according to protocol and data base including assessment, data collection, and entry
- Facilitates patient and team members' participation in the Technology program which includes Insulin Pumps and CGM programs and related Research Studies through such administrative processes:
Schedules all required individual or group appointments
Coordinates medical consultative services as needed
Maintains classroom space, equipment and all necessary technology supplies; Oversees and document evaluations/surveys/questionnaires
Assists MD and Diabetes Technology Program team members with prescription preparation and written/verbal correspondence with patients and providers
Assists patients with lodging and other requests if needed
- Organizes and coordinates annual calendar for Technology team meetings and the related Programs to ensure that appointment schedules are adjusted appropriately. Communicates schedule with physicians, fellows, educators and other departments for coverage and coordination of services.
- Promotes and responds to inquiries about the Technology Program and other Education programs as needed to patients, staff and professionals in a courteous and timely manner.
- Acts as liaison for patients, Industry partners (pharmaceutical and medical device companies) and third party payers to ensure proper documentation and reimbursement for services. Audits and reconciles all patient charges for Program.
- Participates in the development and monthly reconciliation of the operational budget for the Program in conjunction with the Coordinator of the Technology Program, and the Director of Educational Services.
- Arranges site visits for external parties (i.e. Industry Partners and professionals) and supervises volunteer staff in relation to specific projects.
- Independently responds to patient complaints or problems in person or on the telephone. Implements resolution when possible.
- Assists Programs Coordinator of the DO IT, Why WAIT and YOU Turn programs with administrative duties such as but not limited to , scheduling of patients and professional staff; coordination of a program in absence of the Programs Coordinator, maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Will be cross trained in the Operation and facilitation of the DO IT program.
- BA or BS preferred
- Two years office experience including management or program coordination
- Experience in creation of operational budgets preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications including spreadsheet creation, Microsoft Office
- Must be familiar with medical terminology
- Demonstrated organizational, good communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Experience promoting/marketing programs to public preferred
- Demonstrated customer service skills
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V