Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide clerical support for the Vice President of Finance and Administration and Executive Director of Accounting in the administration of the Financial Services and Administrative Services Divisions.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide project management support for both Financial and Administrative Services’ ongoing projects.
- Audit/track/maintain/approve all building project accounts, purchase requests, follow-up on payments, and invoice for reimbursements.
- Provide project summaries on building construction, energy performance contract, and other large projects.
- Maintain an annual financial and administrative services timeline for reoccurring action items, contracts, leases, reports, interlocal agreements, certificates of deposits, etc.
- Gather and organize data for Institutional Effectiveness Report Card for Administrative Services and performance indicators for Financial Services.
- Assist in keeping procedures manuals up to date.
- Maintain VP and Executive Director’s calendars and arrange staff and business meetings.
- Process budget amendments, approval to hires, travel expenses, notification of open positions, professional development requests, educational assistant requests, etc.
- Enter departmental purchase requisitions and others as needed; enter and track annual purchase orders.
- Create internal and external correspondence; distribute departmental information and reminders.
- Receive and route incoming calls and mail.
- Perform research and data compilation for various internal and external reports and surveys pertaining to Financial Services and Administrative Services areas.
- Track staff absences and timecards; assist with time clock issues.
- Maintain and assist in the preparation of Board Action Items.
- Prepare monthly Financial Report to the Board.
- Develop monthly meeting agendas and distribution of minutes.
- Process credit card reports.
- Monitor and assist in preparing departmental budgets.
- Assist college departments with budget problems, needs, and requests.
- Assist in developing college budget and budget book.
- Maintain records for annual college audit.
- Maintain both on and off campus leases.
- Ensure Financial Services and Administrative Services web pages are accurate and up to date; post financial reports, annual budget, and annual audits on the web.
- Make travel arrangements for VP and Executive Director.
- Routine clerical jobs such as copying, faxing, scanning, and filing.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Financial Services and Administrative Services departments clerically as needed or in the absence of their secretarial support.
- Work with general public, students, and outside agencies.
- Assist office visitors.
- Manage office supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours.
- Three (3) years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of office equipment: telephone, pc, printer, copier, fax, and scanner.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, email and internet, typing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to keep detailed files and records.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with college personnel and outside entities.
- General accounting skills.
- Previous experience working in Oracle/PeopleSoft.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 20 months ago