Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide clerical assistance and budgetary support to the Vice President of Student Affairs and other departments within Student Affairs; assist with PeopleSoft end user set-up, data input, and reports; cooperatively develop, write and design, as well as track, marketing materials and publications pertaining to Student Affairs; serve as a liaison for Student Affairs with the college community; establish a clerical support team within Student Affairs; maintain records, enrollment and approvals for the Virtual College of Texas ( VCT ); and provide budgetary clerical support for students and advisors of clubs and organizations on campus.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to campus community and visitors.
- Assist upset students/family in a professional and calming manner.
- Assist with PeopleSoft end user set-up, data input, and reports.
- Assist in the development of publications that support the activities and mission of Student Affairs.
- Assist with SACS documentation for accreditation for the Student Affairs division, as well as Virtual College of Texas ( VCT ).
- Advise and oversee Lee College club members/sponsors regarding purchasing guidelines and club policies.
- Organize staff volunteers for on-campus registrations and physical set-up of registration.
- Advise and train students on how to use MyLC and access payment plans during registration events.
- Provide budget reports for student clubs and organizations.
- Print diplomas and certificates for Lee College and LC Huntsville Campus and all duplicate requests.
- Serve as a liaison among VCT constituents, including students, counseling, faculty, and provider colleges.
- Provide support for all VCT functions, including course set-up, registering students, monitor enrollment accuracy between VCT /PeopleSoft systems, and maintaining class rosters and grades.
- Enter purchase requests for Student Affairs, including but not limited to Admissions, Financial Aid, Information Services, VCT , Student Activities, and student organizations.
- Verify student travel eligibility on club sponsored events and maintain emergency forms.
- Reconcile credit card statements for Student Affairs.
- Maintain minutes of Student Affairs meetings.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned; answer phones, file, mail, and maintain records of essential documents.
- Assist with verification of confidential student information for FBI /police or other investigators.
- Approve or disapprove all flyers/postings for campus bulletin boards.
- Enter and provide report on Student Affairs evaluations.
- Research information in PeopleSoft.
- Access and/or maintain disciplinary information.
Other duties may include, but or not limited to:
- Coordinate special events for Student Affairs Department.
- Train new Student Affairs clerical staff on PeopleSoft for budget/purchase requests.
- Register students during campus registrations and at add/drop stations.
- Distribute nominations and check eligibility for Lee College Hall of Fame and Who’s Who Among Jr. Colleges.
- Responsible for editing and gathering information for graduation script for VP of Student Affairs.
- Prepare awards for Hall of Fame and other honored graduates for graduation ceremony.
- Proctor surveys for Student Affairs.
- Work registration events/graduation ceremony.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- At least three (3) years of related administrative clerical work experience
- Ability to handle security sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with superb skills in oral and written communication, planning, and organization
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexible, organized, and creative with the ability to switch gears and move from one task to another
- Maintain confidentially regarding student and employee information
- Must be proficient in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, scanning software, online/email correspondence; calculator/math skills for monitoring budget; phone skills, research skills
- Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and have an excellent work ethic
- Some evening and weekend work required for student activities, registration, and graduation
- PeopleSoft skills in Registration and Business areas
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 17 months ago