Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide clerical assistance and budgetary support to the Vice President of Student Affairs and other departments within Student Affairs; assist with PeopleSoft end user set-up, data input, and reports; cooperatively develop, write and design, as well as track, marketing materials and publications pertaining to Student Affairs; serve as a liaison for Student Affairs with the college community; establish a clerical support team within Student Affairs; maintain records, enrollment and approvals for the Virtual College of Texas ( VCT ); and provide budgetary clerical support for students and advisors of clubs and organizations on campus.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to campus community and visitors.
- Assist upset students/family in a professional and calming manner.
- Assist with PeopleSoft end user set-up, data input, and reports.
- Assist in the development of publications that support the activities and mission of Student Affairs.
- Assist with SACS documentation for accreditation for the Student Affairs division, as well as Virtual College of Texas ( VCT ).
- Advise and oversee Lee College club members/sponsors regarding purchasing guidelines and club policies.
- Organize staff volunteers for on-campus registrations and physical set-up of registration.
- Advise and train students on how to use MyLC and access payment plans during registration events.
- Provide budget reports for student clubs and organizations.
- Print diplomas and certificates for Lee College and LC Huntsville Campus and all duplicate requests.
- Serve as a liaison among VCT constituents, including students, counseling, faculty, and provider colleges.
- Provide support for all VCT functions, including course set-up, registering students, monitor enrollment accuracy between VCT /PeopleSoft systems, and maintaining class rosters and grades.
- Enter purchase requests for Student Affairs, including but not limited to Admissions, Financial Aid, Information Services, VCT , Student Activities, and student organizations.
- Verify student travel eligibility on club sponsored events and maintain emergency forms.
- Reconcile credit card statements for Student Affairs.
- Maintain minutes of Student Affairs meetings.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned; answer phones, file, mail, and maintain records of essential documents.
- Assist with verification of confidential student information for FBI /police or other investigators.
- Approve or disapprove all flyers/postings for campus bulletin boards.
- Enter and provide report on Student Affairs evaluations.
- Research information in PeopleSoft.
- Access and/or maintain disciplinary information.
Other duties may include, but or not limited to:
- Coordinate special events for Student Affairs Department.
- Train new Student Affairs clerical staff on PeopleSoft for budget/purchase requests.
- Register students during campus registrations and at add/drop stations.
- Distribute nominations and check eligibility for Lee College Hall of Fame and Who’s Who Among Jr. Colleges.
- Responsible for editing and gathering information for graduation script for VP of Student Affairs.
- Prepare awards for Hall of Fame and other honored graduates for graduation ceremony.
- Proctor surveys for Student Affairs.
- Work registration events/graduation ceremony.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- At least three (3) years of related administrative clerical work experience
- Ability to handle security sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with superb skills in oral and written communication, planning, and organization
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexible, organized, and creative with the ability to switch gears and move from one task to another
- Maintain confidentially regarding student and employee information
- Must be proficient in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, scanning software, online/email correspondence; calculator/math skills for monitoring budget; phone skills, research skills
- Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and have an excellent work ethic
- Some evening and weekend work required for student activities, registration, and graduation
- PeopleSoft skills in Registration and Business areas
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.